Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, April 29, 2011

What I've Been Up To!

Hello ladies!
I sure have missed visiting with you all!  I'm sorry that I was MIA again, but the good news is, that we are finally moved into our new place in Washington State!  Moving day was Wednesday, and since then, I've been busy unpacking, cleaning (the house was filthy!), and putting things away.  I'm exhausted!  And there still is so much to do (sigh!). But, today I took a little break, and took a walk around the yard to see what was in bloom.  It was a beautiful sunny day, so I was very excited about that!  I'm discovering how changeable the weather is here in the Pacific Northewest.
 I was so excited to discover trilliums, here!  It is the state wildflower of Michigan, so it is very near and dear to my heart!
 A few pretty tulips.
 A rock garden with a resident heron.
 I'm not sure what this schrub is, but it has the prettiest red blossoms on (you can see a close up below).

 Lots of beautiful rhododendruns.  This one is the first bush to bloom.
Wonderful smelling grape hyacinth (my favorite spring bulb).
 I love blue flowers, especially these pretty forget-me-nots (sorry for the blurry shot!).
 I think these pretty white flowers are candy tuft.
 I bought a pot of Spanish lavender the other day.  I wish that you could smell it!
 Ok, keeping it real, this is what I have been dealing with!  Boxes, boxes, and more boxes!
And lots and lots of packing paper!  I get tired just looking at these photos!

A beautiful sunset (below) from our window, overlooking the Puget Sound.
  I hope to get caught up a bit on my blog visits this weekend, between unpacking and getting organized!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Blooming Rose Musings said...

My goodness, your yard is beautiful. Unbelievable that it also has the Michigan state flower. I think that's a really good sign for you and lets you know you are not far from home. Pretty soon the boxes will be unpacked and you will be feeling quite comfortable. It looks like your house is in a beautiful location! The sunset is gorgeous. Enjoy the beauty! Looking forward to more of you exploring the area and getting comfy in your home...and taking us along on your adventures.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your yard is amazing. All those fresh blooms are so wonderful. Your view of the sunset makes all the stress worth it...doesn't it? I'm looking forward to having your back online so that we can tag along on your explorations and creations. Best wishes with all those boxes.

Sending you Michigan HUGS!!!!

The Bear's Blog said...

How beautiful. And remember, one box at a time. And when you need a break you can just step out and enjoy all those lovely flowers.

One box at a time.....and YES it will come to an end. (o:

Hugs

Christine said...

Hi Donna! Ack...looking at those boxes bring our moving experience all back! Your friend who commented above is so right, you will get it done! Glad to hear from you...
Great flower photos too!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

wow what a great view! I know it was hard to leave your home, but I think you will enjoy the view! Glad your new home has some blooms to welcome you.

NanaDiana said...

Hi Donna-Wow! What a lot of work you have ahead of you! I'm glad you took a break and just walked around and enjoyed the gardens (which seem to be in fairly decent shape...and the sunset is gorgeous! I'll bet you are feeling a bit overwhelmed right now with all there is to do. Hang in there- one box at a time!;>) It will be nice when you are settled and your life can resume on a more normal level. Hugs- Diana

Karen said...

Hi Donna..... What a beautiful yard and wonderful view of the sunset you have! You'll get all those boxes emptied and things organized before long and the place will look great. It does seem a bit overwhelming at first, but you can do it!

Take care!

Love, Karen

Leo said...

The yard and view looks amazing....can't wait to follow along on this adventure!! Have a great weekend. XOXOXO Take care..Debbie

adele said...

How exciting for you! After a year, we still have a bit of unpacking , but it goes fast. Love your yard.

Carol said...

Congratulations on the new house! I love the windows and the view already; can't wait to see the rest!

Carol
antiquetexan.blogspot.com

Donna said...

The flowers are pretty but the view from your porch is stunning! How do you feel about waking up and finding fellow bloggers sitting on your steps looking out to sea?? (just kidding...)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Donna, that view and the flowers are totally gorgeous! I tell you, when you move, you do it in style!!!

I can just imagine that you are sick of packing, but wow, that view is worth every mile of that trip you just made...totally beautiful--just like you!!!

Xo
Cindy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

That is a gorgeous view!!
What an adventure you've been on but to have that at the end of the trail is priceless!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Moving is so much work...but you are sure surrounded with beauty, Donna!!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi. Love your flowers; I just posted a lot of the same ones on May Day. Hope you're getting settled.
Your bathroom looks great with the quick white makeover.
~ Julie