Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

I love Blue!

Hi everyone,
I was about to write this post yesterday, but my heart just wasn't in it, after learning of the horrible events in Las Vegas.
To say that it's shocking is an understatement.  My heart is heavy for those who were lost or injured, and everyone else there.
Praying that they find peace in the days ahead.

I'd planted morning glories up a wire trellis this summer, and had been disappointed that it never bloomed. Well, it's now making up for lost time!  The vine has been blooming its heart out for the past two weeks!
I just can't get over how blue those blossoms are!  Not many flowers that I know of are a true blue like this.
 Of course my pictures don't do justice to how pretty the vine is!
 Some days it even blooms thru the early evening, which I've never seen it do before!

 Here's one last close up.
 Below you'll see Natasha, my mannequin, modeling a necklace that I just made for myself.
I'd been wanting to make a really long one, and had fun putting this together with beads and findings that I already had on hand.
 I happened to find the pretty vintage bronze pendant in a box of odds and ends beads that I'd bought at a yard sale years ago.
 The other necklace is actually a rosary.  I'm not Catholic, but I've always loved the look of pretty rosaries.  This one is Joan of Arc.
Love the blue beads!
Can you tell blue is my favorite color?
 Behind Natasha are some of the chalk painted jewelry boxes, and other goodies that I've created for my Etsy shop.
 Here's one of the latest boxes that I transformed.
I had so much fun doing this, and of course forgot to take a "before" shot.  It was pretty boring and a walnut finished wood.
Not the look I was going for!
So after light blue chalk paint, and some pretty stenciling,
this jewelry box looks much happier!

 Another transformation for my shop is this pretty fan shaped framed chalkboard.
So shabby cottage chic, I think!
Well that's it for today.
Wishing you a day of peace.
Be sure to tell the ones you love just how much they mean to you.
Thanks for visiting:)

12 comments:

pembrokeshire lass said...

I think that your favourite colour ..... & I might be quite wrong about this so please bear with me ....is.....blue??
I love the morning glory. Its just so pretty. The transformation of the jewellry box is lovely and ...as for the necklace...? I really...really like it!

NanaDiana said...

You look good in blue, Donna-and it is the perfect color for you...matches those blue eyes!
I have never had any luck with morning glories and I can grow just about anything...but morning glories and moonflowers just never perform for me. That vine is beautiful.
Hope you have a great rest of the week. I, too, am saddened and sickened by what happened in Las Vegas. It is just sad. xo Diana

peggy gatto said...

Adore your morning glories, thanks for posting

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, Love your morning glories. WOW they are gorgeous. I had no luck at all with mine. I'll try again next year. Your newest treasures are beautiful and I love the large jewelry box. The color is stunning with that beautiful stencil.
Your necklace is gorgeous and I love the blue beads on the shorter one. I do believe blue is your color!!
Yes, we are so sad over the tragedy and senseless act of violence in Las Vegas. Prayers for all!!
Happy October. xo

Junkchiccottage said...

Your morning glories are so pretty. Great shade of blue. It is a sad week to have the tragedy of Las Vegas happen. It worries me for my grand girls and what kind of world they will be living in as adults. So sad.
Hugs,
Kris

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love your morning glories are stunning. I had a vine and it took over my garden, but it was beautiful. I had to have it taken out as it never quit growing here in SO CA>

Beautiful neckless and you really did a wonderful job on it. It's good to see you back in the swing of things again.

Hugs,
Mary

cloches and lavender said...

This horrific event shook us to the core. We are HUGE country music fans and have been to many concerts. Country music is VERY close knit and when you are a fan you're part of a family. The artists reach out to their fans when performing like no other genre.

Beautiful Morning glories and transformations. Happy to see you back.

I'll be back soon

Cindy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So good to see you blogging again! Love the boxes, so pretty. I'm going to catch up on your posts now!! Hugs!

Susie said...

Love your morning glories. That is the prettiest blue color. The necklace is very nice. I like lots of things in your shop. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Tete said...

Hey girl! Love the blue morning glories! Isn't all this madness so sad? Praying for the families and victims in all of this. Those still in the hospital recovering and having a long road ahead of them.
I love all the things you create, and blue is one of my favorite colors, too.
Harvest here and dr visits- more after harvest...the getting older so we better check this out time is not what I had in mind when I decided to grow old gracefully- I think I might change my mind on that. LOL

Ruger LCP Laser said...

Looking for an ultra portable Laser for Ruger LCP 2 particularly developed for the Ruger LCP pistol that doesn't break the bank? Look no further! We have created a trigger guard placed red laser for the hidden bring guns that are incomparable. Nothing to grab on as well as easy to trigger, the Ruger LCP red laser makes it easy to point as well as fire! Making improvements to an iconic weapon is constantly a challenging choice. And also indeed, the Ruger LCP is legendary; it was one of the significant catalysts for the now respected selection of.380 ACP pocket pistols on the market, and the resurgence of interest in the.380 caliber, which has actually benefited from this weapon's popularity by becoming one of the most generally seen small-caliber defensive rounds in use today.

Aspeak said...

Thank you for such a great opportunity to write on here, I have been battling with herpes and diabetes all those while and that was the reason I have being around internet for awhile but I'm well and cured now by Dr Itua herbal medicine that I ordered through https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ and Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com a great herbal doctor, I'm so grateful to Dr Itua for his great herbal work. Dr Itua assure me that he can also cure all sort of disease with his herbal medicines like ALS,Herpes,Diabetes,Cancer,Arthritis and other diseases. I wish is anyone here sick wellness through Dr Itua herbal doctor.