Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Moving On

Hi everyone,
I sure have missed everyone in blogland, and hope you haven't thought that I've fallen off the face of the earth.
Thought I would do a quick update to say that hubby and I finally found a new home down in beautiful western North Carolina.
We will be moving to a cute town that is very dog friendly, and has lots of neat shops and sidewalk cafes.
(Our cocker spaniel Katie has already made lots of friends while we were down house hunting last week!)
source

Since I am not one to gloss over anything, or candy coat the truth, I will say that this move is a hard one.  It is not something that I welcomed or wanted.  Leaving a home that I love, and my big craft room, and the gardens that I have tended here the last 15 years is going to be difficult. Even harder is leaving family and friends, especially my 88 year old mom. But, we will be just a little over 600 miles away from Michigan, so I know that there will be visits back and forth.
For me change is hard.  I am not talking small changes like a new hairstyle or paint color on the walls.  I mean big life changes.
But, I do look forward to getting settled into our new place, decorating it just the way I want, and sharing it all with you!
I've missed you all!
One really great thing about our new home is that the former owner had a wonderful, light filled artist studio at the back of the house, overlooking the yard and woods.  So that will be my creative space!  It seems that God had this place in mind just for us, as He knew just how important creating is to me, and how I already am missing my craft room here.
So for now we are very busy packing and getting ready for our move.
Tomorrow we are closing on our home here in Michigan, something that I am dreading and have such an oh so heavy heart.
Then 10 days later we are on the road to North Carolina.
So please visit again, once we are settled, as I am looking forward to sharing our new place with you.

16 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'm wishing you all the best on your move, and how great to have a dog friendly town! Sounds just wonderful! My son lives in Annapolis and the historic town is dog friendly too! They have bowls of water outside of stores.

Rondell♥

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wishing you lots of wonderful new adventures. Just when you get too sad about your relocation, I'll be sure to remind you of the negative wind chills. Can't wait to see your new studio space. Your MI connection and friend!!

Jan Hermann said...

Oh, I'm so happy that your closing on your home tomorrow...and have found a new home too! Isn't it great how God picks the place we should be - we just need to be open to it! Enjoy that studio.

I certainly understand not liking change - especially a change that you don't want. It's almost 4 months since things drastically changed for me and the Pups. I'm happy to say though that whenever I have an unpleasant thought, a down moment, a difficult time...I say...Lord, I'm through trying to handle this on my own...please take this stumbling block and give me peace and happiness. That has certainly changed my attitude. Now, I've chopped down my hydrangeas in my wall garden...LOTS OF WORK...and plan to slowly fill it up with much shorter plants...something that smells wonderful too - like Lavender. I've also lost 49# in the past 14 weeks. Not a bad deal!! And I'm feeling wonderful!

Hugs to you...prayers for you, too!
Jan ♥

Rose L said...

It is difficult to move aware from the familiar. I hope settling in your new home will be a creative endeavor for you and you will soon make it feel like home!

Celestina Marie said...

Dear Donna, Congrats on finding the new home in NC but I know first hand moves are never easy and especially when your heart is heavy to leave a beloved home. But I know God has already had a hand it all that is coming when he lead you to a home with a creative space already in the new home. It will be wonderful and once you get to decorating and settled in things will look brighter. Change is never easy but like you said, 600 miles away is not too far for visiting family back and forth. You'll have to get your guest room ready because I am sure they will all be down to visit soon!
Looking forward to your adventure in decorating and then seeing the new town.
I hope the closing today goes well and remember God is right there with you to give courage, strength and comfort.
Blessings to you and best wishes always in your new home and town!!
Hugs. cm

Elizabeth said...

You are moving to a beautiful State! I have lived in Florida all my life but N. Carolina is my favorite place! I know you will enjoy decorating your new home!

Debbie said...

You are right, Donna. God had this place just for you! Especially since the crafting room sounds like a place that will be perfect for your creative needs, and a place to warm your soul.
Look at the idea of it being so pet friendly. That just didn't "happen to be".
It will be bittersweet...but more sweet than bitter once you get there.
Starting over is sometimes difficult, but with your creativity, I can imagine what fun you will have making that place a home of your own.
We are all right here for you. Just a click away, dear one.
Once you find all the neat places in your new town, you will be so busy with new posts....you'll see.
Love you, honey.
Debbie
xo

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Donna! I'm so glad ya'll chose not to move to Washington! Just couldn't resist the South, eh? LOl! Western North Carolina, oh those beautiful Smoky Mountains! Plus, you'll still get to enjoy snow! Prayers that all will go well now and during the move. And that your transition will be quick! So glad to here from you! How wonderful that God is guiding ya'll all the way! Anxiously awaiting to here from you again! Blessings from Bama!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Change is so hard! Moving from a home you love, family and friends is never easy. Your new home sounds wonderful and I pray you will find Joy there. You are closer to where I live now so you never know when a road trip might happen! Take care and I'll see you on the other side of the move.
hugs,
Linda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Change is never easy but it sounds like a great place, I love North Carolina and how fun to live in an area with great shops and cafes and is puppy friendly to boot! We will be here when you get all settled and anxious so hear all about it! safe travels

Carol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Change is never easy but it sounds like a great place, I love North Carolina and how fun to live in an area with great shops and cafes and is puppy friendly to boot! We will be here when you get all settled and anxious so hear all about it! safe travels

Carol

Bente said...

I wish you all the best with your moveing. I`m sur you will make the perfect home in your new place.
Sending you a big hug from here

Tete said...

Oh, Donna! I am so happy that your house sold and just to hear from you. I have no idea where this year has gone, but it has flown for me and I am so behind in doing so many things, blogging taking the biggest hit! I know how being close to your mama is so important for you, but this is a chance of a lifetime! No more nasty northern winters and you so love the south and the cafes and little shops. I can't wait to see your new home and craft studio! What a lucky girl! I know you take this house and make it your own wonderful home with no problems. Prayers for safe travel, good night sleeps and no breakage on moving! What's 600 miles when your old man can fly? Best of luck in the coming days getting it all together. You can do this with style!

Okio B Designs said...

Good luck with your move! I feel like everything happens for a reason so there must be good reason for this. =)

Jeanine

BeachGypsy said...

moving is so so so hard. I hate it!! How is it progressing? hopefully well. Keep us posted, okay? Hope it all is going smoothly!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Donna,
Hope the move goes well. I know this is bitter sweet for you. Good luck as you venture into this new journey.
Kris