Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Greetings From Maine!

Hi everyone!
We just returned from two weeks of camping in our motor home on the East Coast, and I have many photos to share of our trip!
 The highlight of our vacation was our time spent in Maine.  Here Katie and I are playing "peek-a-boo" in the quaint fishing village of Belfast, where we stopped and shared a grilled crab and cheese sandwich for lunch.  Yum!
 It was a bit cool and overcast, and since no one else was sitting on the patio, they let us bring Katie to a table.
 We spent 5 nights camping in Bar Harbor, which was our very favorite!
Below you will see the bay, a breathtaking view of islands, mountains, and pretty boats.
 A beautiful inn right on the water.
 Their landscaping was just gorgeous!
 Hubby in a charming gazebo.  I just love all of the gingerbread trim!
 I couldn't resist snapping a shot of this cute pastry shop!
 Maine must be famous for their "whoopie pies", as they are everywhere!
My mom used to make these when I was a little girl, but we always called them "whoopie cookies".  Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
 This is our campsite where we spent 5 wonderful nights.  We first stayed here at this very campground 8 years ago, on our first big trip in our old motor home.
 And this was our view looking out the window!  Frenchman's Bay, which opens to the sea.
I just loved the mountains in the distance.  I snapped this shot at sunset.  We faced eastward, but were lucky to have a beautiful sky each night as the sun went down.
 The highlight of our entire trip was our visit to Acadia National Park, on Mount Desert Island.  We loved it the first time we visited, and knew we wanted to come back again one day.  We are so glad we did!  It is even more beautiful than we remember!!
Below is hubby and Katie (she was having a blast!), with stunning views of the sea, islands, and pine trees.
 We had a delicious seafood dinner one night, just down the road.
It was right on the water, and the views were amazing.
 (A goofy shot of me!)
I have many more photos to share in upcoming posts, including lots more of Acadia, the quaint little fishing villages that make up Mount Desert Island, and even a visit to a "Castle in the Clouds" mansion in New Hampshire!
Stay tuned:)
Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I loved New England when I travel back there on business. Spent a lot of time in Boston and New Hampshire.
Your pictures are stunning and it looks like you had a grand time. Katie looks like she was having a ball. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely pictures. I even like it in the winter. I stayed at the Hyatt Hotel on the Cambridge side and I watched the men rowing early in the am even when it was cold. As the Hyatt is right there on the river.
Welcome home and have a great weekend.
Mary

The Bear's Blog said...

Beautiful, but glad that you are home.

Susie said...

Donna, You and your husband sure have been taking some great adventures. I love it. You both look very good in the last photo. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Looks like so much fun. Nice photos. Of course, I keep scrolling back to the Whoopie Pies. lol

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh it looks gorgeous! The one place in the USA I have never been to is New England, hope to change that someday. Looking forward to seeing more of your trip.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, wow your pics are amazing. The area where you stayed was gorgeous and the views are beautiful. Looks like you had so many interesting places to enjoy. I can imagine Katie really enjoyed being with you and John and part of the fun.
Love the last snap of you and John. You both look so good and are a beautiful couple. You really lost a lot of weight too my friend.
Looking forward to more pics of your wonderful trip.

Hugs
XO

Blondie's Journal said...

I consider you so lucky...I've always wanted to spend time in Maine. I just had a short trip sup the coat about 30 years ago. Maybe someday. I so enjoyed your pictures, Good for you and looking forward to more!

Jane xx

The Bear's Blog said...

How beautiful, I think I would have a problem leaving. Love the peek-a-boo photo.

Hugs

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Maine is gorgeous! I loved it when I lived in New England many years ago and tried to visit as many states as I could. Great photos!
hugs,
Linda

Brandi said...

Looks like such a lovely trip! Your photos are beautiful, gorgeous views everywhere. Crab grilled cheese sounds so good. I've made it before, but I bet it was even better with fresh seafood. Thank you for sharing your vacation. I'd love to visit Maine one day.

Debbie said...

I am envious of you, Donna. I've always wanted to take a trip out East. Especially to Maine. Your photos are wonderful! ALL of them! I LOVE the picture of you and John! You both look great!!
Debbie
xo

Renee said...

I love Maine! I was in Cape Cod last weekend and just love New England -- especially in the fall. Thanks for sharing.

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh Donna, I can't believe you were in our neck of the woods, especially gorgeous Maine! Your photos are just gorgeous. We visited Bar Harbor when I was pregnant with Audrey over 7 years ago, and it is just the cutest place. Looks like you, hubby and Katie had a wonderful time and enjoyed gorgeous views. That photo of you is not goofy at all, but adorable! Love your pink top and pretty purse. Next time you come back this way, be sure to give me a shout! :)

Karen said...

Donna, these are gorgeous photos! You're so lucky to have visited there again!

Karen

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

What a gorgeous view! I love the quaint look and charm of New England fishing towns! Such a pretty part of the country! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! Hugs, Leena

Musings from Kim K. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love these photos! I have never been to Maine but it is on my bucket list!