Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Spring Fever!

It's official!  I now have spring fever!
While I would much rather be looking at this pretty corner of our yard............

 Instead I am looking at this!  Ugh!
Winter actually didn't bother me this year, until last weeks arctic blast hit!
 Record breaking cold temps, more than enough snow and ice leaves me longing for warm and sunny days!
 So instead of this....................
 I would love to see this!
So since it will be many, many more weeks til a warm up, I will have to content myself to day dreaming!
I've got the urge to do some spring decorating and crafting, but will try my best to hold off for awhile!
 Here is a little Easter vignette I created a few years ago.  I just love the vintage chalkware bunny perched at the top of my tiered pedestal bowl.
I've also been wanting to create some Easter baskets from peat pots.
I found a little inspiration on line, below.
Source:  Cheeky Magpie
 Isn't this the cutest?  I just love the cheery pastel colors, that sweet little birdie, and those pretty vintage millinery flowers!
Source:  Cheeky Magpie
 I adore the little nest and eggs in this darling peat pot, above!
Source: Scrap Scene
And this is another favorite that I am totally in love with! Love the vintage book page, those pretty little blue eggs, and the butterfly embellishment!
So for now I will have to be content dreaming and looking forward to warmer days.
I so will not miss having to wear my winter coat, boots, scarf, hat, gloves, etc, etc!!!
Enjoy your weekend, and keep snug and warm!

10 comments:

Japolina said...

That is a lot of snow. Don't fret. It will be here soon

Japolina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Donna,

Your winter yard is bee-u-tee-ful. Remember, we love winter.

Me 'n Mom decorated the dining room for Easter, it looks so pretty with the snow outside and the bunnies and decorated eggs on the table. See, you can have both worlds.

We are nice and cozy, working on our Valentine tree.

Hugs,
Prudence ♥

Where's Katie Bug?

Jan Hermann said...

Spring Fever? Already? LOL!! I haven't even dared to think about Spring...it's so far away. More snow and single digit temperatures are forecast for us next week. Ohhhhhhh...I wish! :)

Connie said...

Spring fever . . . well not yet, but I'm sure by the end of February I'll be lost is thoughts of gardening and shine-shine :)

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I do have spring fever with all the 80 - 90 degree weather we have been having. I picked two bouquets of roses this morning for the house. I am afraid that will be the last for a while since the gardeners are dead heading my roses. But my Calla Lily's are starting to bloom. I'm hoping that my spring flowers don't bloom quickly and then it gets cold and they go into shock or die. Also NO RAIN - soon they will be rating us.
You and Katie stay warm - she is a good foot warmer.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, I am right there with ya for spring fever. I am so ready. Today we did some painting and then worked in the garden. Yes, can you believe it. It was warm and it was so nice to do a little winter cleanup.
I love your garden spot and the rock paintings on the steps and patio. Just gorgeous. Such an inspiring scene and then the SNOW.
Oh my goodness do you have the snow. I know you are ready to be done with winter.

Love the little creations you shared from the net. So cute and so inspiring. Your pedestal display is gorgeous. I love the natural elements you used. The bunny at the top is so cute too.

Thanks for the inspiration. Spring hurry up~~~
Stay warm.
Hugs!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH look at all of those lovely spring photos...we got another 5" of fresh snow here today...

Musings from Kim K. said...

I always love a good peat pot inspiration! Thanks for sharing. Would an invite over to our backyard ice rink help take the winter blues away?

john said...

Oh boy that looks very cold indeed ! Our winter has been so mild (and wet!) so I have to be grateful. Love the inspirational images.... stay warm and cosy ..Gail x