Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

More Paris Sights

Bonjour Mes Amis!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Today I thought I would share a few more photos of our trip to Paris. Wow, it's hard to believe we were there two weeks ago!
One night we decided to take a one hour tour along the Seine.  A very touristy thing to do, but hey, we're tourists!  We had taken the tour twice before, but never tire of seeing the gorgeous monuments and sights from the river!

 Isn't the Eiffel Tower just magical at sunset?
 Above is my very favorite bridge, the Ponte Alexandre III.  I wish I had gotten a better shot of it, but since it was a chilly night, we decided to sit down below, rather than on the top deck.  
Below is another tour boat.  It's also very popular to take dinner cruises on the Seine. We've not done that before, maybe some day!
 Here is another shot of "my" bridge.  You can get a peek a boo glimpse of the Eiffel Tower in the back ground!
 The infamous Louvre museum.  It was built in the 16th century as a palace, and it's huge! 
 Below is the Musee d'Orsay, full of Impressionistic work.  It was originally built as a train station.
 Did you know that Paris also has a Statue of Liberty?  Much smaller than ours, of course!  It is so funny to see her standing guard near the Eiffel Tower!
 After our boat ride, it tried to sprinkle a bit as we were walking back to our hotel, and we were treated to the most amazing rainbow, below!
 About a 10 minute walk from our hotel is the Marche aux Fleurs (flower market).  It's the oldest and one of the largest flower markets in all of Paris, and is always one of my favorite places to visit!
Just look at these amazing orchids!
 I snapped these outside the window of the Maison de Orchidee (house of orchids). While I was trying to avoid the glare on the window, I think the reflection of the buildings looks pretty neat!

 Inside the market were the most amazing decorative bird houses!
Hubby was admiring them too.  I would have loved to bring one home, but they were very pricey (not to mention the fact that it would've been tough to fit in my carry on!!).

 The hydrangeas were just stunning!  They all were so perfect looking, they didn't seem real!
 Have you ever seen a plant like the one below?  It was so unusual, I just had to snap a few shots.
Not sure what it's called, but the blossoms had to be at least 12" long!

 I just love this art deco style metro (subway) sign right outside the market.  Notice the neat lights, too?
A block from our hotel was the cutest little hand sewn dress shop for children.  Of course the blue color is my favorite, and I think the clothes hanging from the lines by clothes pins is just too sweet!
 I love seeing how Parisians dress their children.  Definitely different than here in the states.  No matter what the age, they are oh so stylish!
 And last of all, an incredible fountain on Rue Saint Michel, which depicts the archangel St. Michael (the protector of France) conquering the devil.  Built in the mid 1850's, it's an impressive 85' tall by 49' wide, and originally was supposed to be of Napoleon Bonaparte. So that is your little history lesson for today! 
Hope you all have a great week!
Au revoir!

10 comments:

Trisha said...

Amazing photos!!! I love getting to relive your trip to Paris with you!
Have a great week!

~Trisha

Connie said...

I am grateful for the fact that you are sharing your amazing trip with us. It is a pleasure to stroll the streets of Paris with you.
Thanks:)
Connie

Tete said...

Just beautiful. I could do that boat trip over and over again, too.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a lovely way to tour via boat. Those bird cages are just fantastic and the front window of the dress shop is so very charming. I could picture Josie wearing one of those dresses.

Okio B Designs said...

Thank you for sharing your photos! I'm so jealous but I get to live vicariously through you! One day I will get there!

Jeanine

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great photos! I'm taking notes for my trip in Sept!! Hugs, Linda

Debbie said...

I am so glad I checked in today, Donna. I love it when you post about your trip to Paris! I forget about all of the wonderful sights, and you remind me with your gorgeous photos, and lovely words. Thank you for sharing with us.
xoxoxoxoxo

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such lovely photos, Donna...that store display window is so charming!

john said...

Hi Donna ! yet more wonderful photos !! love those huge flowers and the sweet little shop front is just lovely ! Gail x

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, How did I miss this post. Gorgeous pics. Every sight is amazing.
Wishing you a great week.
Hugs!