Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More Island Hopping Fun!

Hi ladies!  Hope you all enjoyed a nice long holiday weekend!
Today I wanted to share with you the trip that we took yesterday to Orcas Island, which is part of the San Juan Island chain.  It was a glorious day, perfect for flying!  So, take your seats, fasten your seat belts, and come along for the ride! 

 This is our second trip to the San Juans, and I must say that these are some of the most beautiful flights we have ever been on!  The scenery is beyond gorgeous! 
 You can click on any picture to get a larger view.  In the above shot, you might get a glimpse of Deception Pass bridge, which is covered in a coat of fog.  Actually, fog covered much of several distant islands, and the effect was just ethereal!
 Here we are, getting closer to our destination!
 Lots of little islands to see!

 And Mount Baker was in its full glory! Just stunning, I think!

 Ok, we are almost there!
 And here is the runway!  Yikes!  From above, it looks very short!  Whew, thank goodness it is just an illusion!

 After a short walk into town, I just had to check out a few shops!  I was afraid that being a holiday, everything would be closed.  But, I was in luck!
 Aaaaahhhhh!  This amazing boutique was right up my alley!
 Suspended from the ceiling were a bunch of paper parasols.  Love!!
 Yummy wire cloches, and all sorts of other shabbylisiousness!
 And lots of wonderful burlap, too!  Be still, my heart!!
 I really love these galvanized metal shelves.  They would look so nice in our house!!  In fact, I would love to have a bunch of these in my dream kitchen (someday!).
 Check out this awesome mirror!
 Lots of pretty blooms on the island!
 Not sure what this white flower is, but it's just gorgeous!
I've got many more photos to share with you, so I'll save that for a post later this week!  Now I need to get caught up with all of you !  Enjoy the rest of your week!

5 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW, what a trip!!! AMAZING! And I'm adoring those parasols--How clever is that? Gorgeous!!!
XO
Cindy

Tete said...

Loved it and doesn't those runways always look too short?
Loved the paper parasols!

NanaDiana said...

Great trip and photos, Donna. That runway does look short! I always hated that when flying in a small plane and I could see the runway-it always kind of freaked me out!

Glad you had a wonderful Labor Day! xo Diana

Musings from Kim K. said...

Oh my goodness. You always have the best adventures. What a wonderful way to spend the long weekend. Gorgeous pictures. Just gorgeous. I'm totally in love with the paper parasols. I can't get enough of those. How beautiful to see them all clustered together.

Debbie said...

How blessed you are Donna! That's a fantasy for the rest of us...flying over the beautiful islands, then landing somewhere to spend a day just looking around.
That little shop is wonderful! LOVE the parasols hanging from the ceiling!!
So glad you and John had such a great time!
xxxooo