Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mercy Flight Prayer Request

Bonjour Mes Amis,
Hope you are all having a great week.
Awhile back, hubby joined the Michigan chapter of an organization called Pilots for Christ, a great organization that provides air transportation to those in need.
Hubby has had his private pilot's license for 39 years. Together we have taken many wonderful trips in his plane, everything from fun day trips, to overnight stays in Toronto, Chicago, and more.

For quite some time, both he and I have wanted it to be more about, well, just fun stuff.
Now that he's retired, he has the opportunity to volunteer his time with Pilots for Christ.
So tomorrow, we are very excited and happy that he will be flying a young cancer patient here in Michigan down to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis,Tennessee. We have been hoping and praying that the weather will cooperate, so that they are able to fly, and this young teenager will be able to go down for his treatments.  A pilot friend will be flying down too, as co pilot.

If you are the praying kind, could you please keep this boy in your prayers?  He has had leukemia for the past two years, and goes down several times a year to St. Jude's.  And if you could say a prayer about the weather, and a safe flight, we would so appreciate it!  There is a chance for thunderstorms tomorrow, but later in the day when hubby is returning.

The boy's mother is going along, and she doesn't speak English.  My heart goes out to this family, and we are humbled that hubby has the opportunity to try and make things just a bit easier for them.  
It also really touches my heart, as 9 years ago this month, my dad passed away from leukemia.  I remember what a sad and scary time it was for our family.  I didn't even know how to spell leukemia back then, let alone know that adults could get it.

This is us, a few years ago when we went down to Ohio, to pick up hubby's new airplane.

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts, for the boy and his family. And for a safe flight.
I'll keep you posted how things go!


7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am saying a lot of prayers for the trip, Donna. Are you flying along also? I hope the young man does okay on the flight. What a sad situation. xo Diana

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Count me in! I'm praying for a safe round trip flight for your hubby. This is such a wonderful service of time and talent on his/ your part. Also praying for the patient involved.

Trisha said...

So many prayers are coming your way. What an amazing gift to be able to give to this family!

~Trisha

Bente said...

What a fantastic thing to do, dear Donna. Have a safe trip.

Sending warm hugs

Musings from Kim K. said...

Prayers flowing. What a beautiful thing that your husband is doing. Safe travels to everyone!!

Connie said...

My prayers are said and will continue. This is going to be a very rewarding experience for your husband . . . the more love you give to others the more love you feel yourself.

Celestina Marie said...

Oh Donna, you and John are angels. I will pray too. John will be blessed greatly by his work in this area. Such a giving and wonderful couple you two are. Love the pic of you both in front of the beautiful plane.
Big hugs!